Warranty applies to select vitreous china, WASHLET, air baths, and hand dryers.
1. TOTO warrants its plumbing products (“Product”) to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during normal use when properly installed and serviced, for a period of one (1) year from date of purchase. This limited warranty is extended only to the ORIGINAL PURCHASER of the Product and is not transferable to any third party, including but not limited to any subsequent purchaser or owner of the Product. This warranty applies only to TOTO Product purchased and installed in North, Central and South America.
2. TOTO’s obligations under this warranty are limited to repair, replacement or other appropriate adjustment, at TOTO’s option, of the Product or parts found to be defective in normal use, provided that such Product was properly installed, used and serviced in accordance with instructions. TOTO reserves the right to make such inspections as may be necessary in order to determine the cause of the defect. TOTO will not charge for labor or parts in connection with warranty repairs or replacements. TOTO is not responsible for the cost of removal, return and/or reinstallation of the Product.
3. This warranty does not apply to the following items:
a. Damage or loss sustained in a natural calamity such as fire, earthquake, flood, thunder, electrical storm, etc.
b. Damage or loss resulting from any accident, unreasonable use, misuse, abuse, negligence, or improper care, cleaning, or maintenance of the Product.
c. Damage or loss resulting from sediments or foreign matter contained in a water system.
d. Damage or loss resulting from improper installation or from installation of the Product in a harsh and/or hazardous environment, or improper removal, repair or modification of the Product. (NOTE: Product model codes allow a maximum of 80 PSI. Check local codes or standards for requirements).
e. Damage or loss resulting from electrical surges or lightning strikes or other acts which are not the fault of TOTO or which the Product is not specified to tolerate.
f. Damage or loss resulting from normal and customary wear and tear, such as gloss reduction, scratching or fading over time due to use, cleaning practices or water or atmospheric condition, including but not limited to, the use of bleach, alkali, acid cleaners, dry (powder) cleaners or any other abrasive cleaners or the use of metal or nylon scrubbers.
g. The use of any Product in a manner inconsistent with the Product instructions / owners manual.
NOTE: PLEASE BE AWARE not all TOTO products are suitable for installation and use in certain geographic areas covered by this warranty. ORIGINAL PURCHASER assumes all responsibility for ensuring that products purchased are compliant with laws, codes and standards in the respective areas for which they are being purchased and installed. Installation and use of TOTO products in violation with such laws, codes and standards applicable to the respective location where installed for use can void the TOTO product warranty. For further information regarding where TOTO products are suitable for installation please reference the specific TOTO product owners manual, TOTO product specification bulletin or contact us by referring to our website's CONTACT US section at HTTP://WWW.TOTOUSA.COM
4. In order for this limited warranty to be valid, proof of purchase is required. TOTO encourages warranty registration upon purchase to create a record of Product ownership at HTTP://WWW.TOTOUSA.COM
. Product registration is completely voluntary and failure to register will not diminish your limited warranty rights.
5. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE, PROVINCE TO PROVINCE OR COUNTRY TO COUNTRY.
6. To obtain warranty repair service under this warranty, you must take the Product or deliver it prepaid to a TOTO service facility together with proof of purchase (original sales receipt) and a letter stating the problem, or contact a TOTO distributor or products service contractor, or write directly to TOTO U.S.A., INC., 1155 Southern Road, Morrow, GA 30260 (888) 295 8134 or (678) 466-1300, if outside the U.S.A. If, because of the size of the Product or nature of the defect, the Product cannot be returned to TOTO, receipt by TOTO of written notice of the defect together with proof of purchase (original sales receipt) shall constitute delivery. In such case, TOTO may choose to repair the Product at the purchaser’s location or pay to transport the Product to a service facility.
WARNING! TOTO shall not be responsible or liable for any failure of, or damage to, this Product caused by either chloramines in the treatment of public water supply or cleaners containing chlorine (calcium hypochlorite). NOTE: The use of a high concentrate chlorine or chlorine related products can seriously damage the fittings. This damage can cause leakage and serious property damage.
THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY TOTO. REPAIR, REPLACEMENT OR OTHER APPROPRIATE ADJUSTMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AVAILABLE TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER. TOTO SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OF THE PRODUCT OR FOR OTHER INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXPENSES INCURRED BY THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER, OR FOR LABOR OR OTHER COSTS DUE TO INSTALLATION OR REMOVAL, OR COSTS OF REPAIRS BY OTHERS, OR FOR ANY OTHER EXPENSE NOT SPECIFICALLY STATED ABOVE. IN NO EVENT WILL TOTO’S RESPONSIBILITY EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THAT OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR USE OR FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.